Honey Gingerbread Cookies
hung out with my besties today:)
Currently watching Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs. This is what I remember from watching it as a kid:
- 1.The part when Snow White makes the pie - rolling the pastry, trimming off the edges & the birds helping with the pattern on the crust. (There’s something about foods in cartoons that I love… the best bit of Chicken Run is when Rocky & Ginger are inside the pie machine…… amazing!)
- 2. ahh dig dig dig - the best song in the film. Heigh-Ho *heigh-ho*
- 3. Sneezy using Dopey’s bum as a pillow - I found this hilarious as a child.
- 4. The woodland creatures helping Snow White clean up the Dwarfs’ cottage - simply magical.
- 1. When the evil queen prepares the poison apple (hence my choice of photo)… I don’t think the queen is scariest when she’s disguised as the hideous hag but rather, when she’s with all her vanity speaking to the mirror & then cooking up her evil plans.
- 2. The transformation from vain witch queen to hideous hag - when you see all her concoctions bubbling & she wickedly cackles!
- 3. The rain & thunder scene with the ugly vultures & the hag version of the witch…..! I found this SO scary.
- 4. The mirror itself was pretty scary with all the mist…
After all these years, I still remember the fear associated with the above scenes & watching the film now, it’s still a bit creepy, although I can handle the scary scenes now…just about.
What childhood memories do you have from Snow White?
(Photo sourced from Tumblr)
Simple breakfast for lunch. Sunny side up eggs on avocado Ezekiel toast + spiced chai. #snowday #chai #tea #healthy #eggs #avocado #breakfastforlunch #eatclean #cleaneats #healthyfood
I also ate epic carrot cake with epic friends.